Bulgaria: 60% to vote for Belene nuclear plant at referendum
The Bulgarian national news agency BTA reports that a November poll found that 62.5% of those who say they intend to vote in the planned referendum over whether to restart the planned Belene nuclear power plant will give a "yes" answer and the remaining 37.5 per cent will give a "no" answer to the question of the referendum.
The poll was conducted by the National Public Opinion Centre between November 1 and 7 among 1,000 respondents. The referendum is planned to be held on January 27, 2013.
Bulgaria's center-right Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria, GERB, government scrapped the Belene project in March 2012, declaring it economically unfeasible. The pro-Belene Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, then launched a petition for a referendum.
The question in the referendum will be: "Should the nuclear power industry in the Republic of Bulgaria develop through the construction of a new nuclear power plant?" 
This is a modification of the original question proposed by the BSP which was: "Should the nuclear power industry in Bulgaria develop through the construction of a nuclear power plant at Belene?" 
When the original question was proposed in an April poll, 57% of respondents said they would answer in the affirmative and 43% in the negative.
Only 7% of respondents in the November poll say they are very well informed about matters of nuclear energy and purposefully look for information on the subject.
Source: bne