The first thing you need to do is choose a news reader, if you already don't have one. This is a piece of software that checks feeds you have requested and lets you read any new articles that have been added. There are various types of news reader. You should choose one that will work with your computer’s operating system.
When you have chosen a news reader, you can decide what content you want to keep up to date with. Please choose from below:
|Albania||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Bulgaria||Croatia|
|INTERVIEWS BY BALKANS.COM|
Alternatively, you can paste one of the BBN RSS URLs into a new feed in your news reader.
|E-mail article||Save||Additional News in English||Još vesti na Srpskom||Επιπλέον ειδήσεις στα Ελληνικά||Text|
Premium fruit juices are those entirely made of fruit (100% fruit; at least based on what’s on product’s declaration). This market segment is a part of a broader market of fruit juices which also includes nectar and drinks with lower fruit content. Moreover, this segment also competes with the market of other non-alcoholic beverages, at least indirectly since they address the same need.
Almost a third of all households in Serbia (31.6%) were buying premium juices at least once a month during the observed six-month period. Bearing in mind that this is a high quality segment at high prices, the above percentage is certainly not negligible. The offer is certainly not too rich in terms of the number of market players as only around 13 vendors are selling 14 trademarks of premium juices. However, premium juices are offered in a variety of tastes.
The most important sales channel for this segment is corner-shops/convenient stores. It accounts for 30% of total sales. Supermarkets follow with 26%, together with traditional mid-sized stores with less than 22% of the share. Other store formats account for much less market share: cash & carry for 11%, while nine percent belongs to hypermarkets. The remaining less than four percent of the amount is sold in other channels.
In Serbia, two manufacturers dominate the market - Nectar and Next (Fresh & Co.) and account for as much as 78% of the market in terms of volume of sold premium fruit juices. Private labels’ market share is far below the European average - around 2.8%. Two retail chains have their own premium juice brands, but the time will tell if other retailers will follow. On the other hand, promotional sales are significantly above average for consumer goods, with 14% share. The remaining 86% of the amount is sold at regular prices. Intensive promotional campaigns indicate an underlying fierce competition over market share.
Premium fruit juices are produced in different flavors with orange (33% of the sales volume), apples (23%) and peaches (10%) being the most popular. Slightly less popular flavors are strawberry (six percent), multivitamin (6%) and blends (5%). Other flavors are less popular - pears, blueberries, grapefruit, pineapple, apricots and other fruits.
Premium fruit juice market in Serbia features innovation in terms of new flavors and packaging, as well as advertising and other marketing tools. Future growth of the market may also be positively affected by the raising awareness about the benefits of 100% fruit juice over lower quality substitutes, as well as global trend towards consuming healthier, more natural products.
*This analysis of the fruit juice market in Serbia is based on GfK’s Household Panel research undertaken from August 2012 to January 2013. Household Panel survey runs since November 2002. It focuses on measuring more than 70 product categories in 1,500 households in Serbia (what is spent outside the home is not the subject of this study). SIEPA
Related News in English
Povezane vesti na srpskom
Συναφείς Ειδήσεις στα Ελληνικά