Bulgaria: 60% to vote for Belene nuclear plant at referendum

The Bulgarian national news agency BTA reports that a November poll found that 62.5% of those who say they intend to vote in the planned referendum over whether to restart the planned Belene nuclear power plant will give a "yes" answer and the remaining 37.5 per cent will...

Select Your Countries:
Albania
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
FYROM
Greece
Montenegro
Romania
Serbia
Slovenia
Turkey
   

    
Select SIX industries you would like to appear:
Aerospace & Defense Agribusiness & Forestry Auto Industry
Capital markets Chemicals Construction & Materials
Economy & Statistics Environment Energy & Utilities
Financial Services Food and Beverage Franchising
Gaming Infrastructure Machinery & Appliances
Marketing & Advertising European Union Metals & Mining
Paper & Packaging Pharmaceuticals Real Estate
Retail Shipping Science
Telecoms, IT, Electronics, Media & Internet Textile & Clothing Tobacco
Tourism Transportation Wood and Furniture
Other        
Note: You can always change your choice later by unchecking the appropriate box or uncustomize all..        

Getting started

The first thing you need to do is choose a news reader, if you already don't have one. This is a piece of software that checks feeds you have requested and lets you read any new articles that have been added. There are various types of news reader. You should choose one that will work with your computer’s operating system.



When you have chosen a news reader, you can decide what content you want to keep up to date with. Please choose from below:

Albania Bosnia and Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia
Cyprus FYROM Greece Montenegro
Romania Serbia Slovenia Turkey
INTERVIEWS BY BALKANS.COM      

Problems ?

Alternatively, you can paste one of the BBN RSS URLs into a new feed in your news reader.


http://www.balkans.com/rss/english/albania.rss
http://www.balkans.com/rss/english/bulgaria.rss
http://www.balkans.com/rss/english/cyprus.rss
http://www.balkans.com/rss/english/greece.rss
http://www.balkans.com/rss/english/romania.rss
http://www.balkans.com/rss/english/slovenia.rss
http://www.balkans.com/rss/english/bosnia.rss
http://www.balkans.com/rss/english/croatia.rss
http://www.balkans.com/rss/english/macedonia.rss
http://www.balkans.com/rss/english/montenegro.rss
http://www.balkans.com/rss/english/serbia.rss
http://www.balkans.com/rss/english/turkey.rss

Find more about RSS FEEDS !
Name:  Surname: 
Country:  Company name:
Email (Username): (If you would like to change your email address please notify us at news@balkans.com.)
Password:  Confirm password: 
Visak koda  
   
     

MY ALERTS

MAKE NEW ALERT

 E-mail article  Print  Save Additional News in English Još vesti na Srpskom Επιπλέον ειδήσεις στα Ελληνικά  Text

Bulgaria: 60% to vote for Belene nuclear plant at referendum



bne - 22.11.2012

The Bulgarian national news agency BTA reports that a November poll found that 62.5% of those who say they intend to vote in the planned referendum over whether to restart the planned Belene nuclear power plant will give a "yes" answer and the remaining 37.5 per cent will give a "no" answer to the question of the referendum.
The poll was conducted by the National Public Opinion Centre between November 1 and 7 among 1,000 respondents. The referendum is planned to be held on January 27, 2013.
Bulgaria's center-right Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria, GERB, government scrapped the Belene project in March 2012, declaring it economically unfeasible. The pro-Belene Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, then launched a petition for a referendum.
The question in the referendum will be: "Should the nuclear power industry in the Republic of Bulgaria develop through the construction of a new nuclear power plant?" 
This is a modification of the original question proposed by the BSP which was: "Should the nuclear power industry in Bulgaria develop through the construction of a nuclear power plant at Belene?" 
When the original question was proposed in an April poll, 57% of respondents said they would answer in the affirmative and 43% in the negative.
Only 7% of respondents in the November poll say they are very well informed about matters of nuclear energy and purposefully look for information on the subject.
Source: bne


LATEST NEWS ON BALKANS.COM

Related News in English

Povezane vesti na srpskom

Συναφείς Ειδήσεις στα Ελληνικά

Email